The Chancel

Because of the Great Depression and the large debt with which the church was saddled, the pulpit area and the choir were never finished according to plan. Following World War II, there were acute shortages of materials. It was not until 1954 that the present chancel, designed by Hansel Fink of Philadelphia, was completed and presented as a memorial by a member of the congregation. The pulpit, lectern, organ, and the choir stalls were moved from the central area to the sides so that the focus could become the Cross and the Communion Table.